Your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) is the number of calories your body burns with no activity. It makes up the majority of calories you burn each day (up to 75%). Your RMR is unique to you and is the missing link when it comes to creating a dietary or fitness plan that is truly accurate for YOUR body. If you already have a nutritionist or personal trainer, they will be happy to use this information to improve the accuracy of their recommendations to you. If you do not, Meghan can provide a consultation with your test that will help you interpret the results and create a health plan for you! There are many populations who can benefit from metabolic testing but the most common include people who may have metabolic irregularities due to disordered eating and people who have tried losing or gaining weight but are not seeing the results needed to improve their health. Many clients come to us by referral from their nutritionist, personal trainer, doctor or therapist. Please note that if you are currently struggling with an eating disorder we request to consult with your referring provider prior to your appointment in order to decide how test results should be discussed and utilized. If you have scheduled your test, please read below to learn more about how to prepare for your upcoming test.
- Do not eat for 4 hours prior to the test (you may have water)
- Do not exercise (cardio or resistance training) for at least 4 hours prior to the test
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your test and spend this time sitting quietly in the waiting room to allow your body to relax (you do not need to meditate or achieve deep relaxation, just merely sitting mostly still will suffice).
- Do not consume caffeine for at least 4 hours prior to the test
- Do not use nicotine for a least 1 hour prior to the test
- Do not take acute medications the day of the test (your daily medications are okay).
- Do not consume stimulatory nutrition supplements (ephedrine or synephrine) for at least 4 hours prior to the test.
Testing (30 minutes)- $125
Post-test Health Coaching Half Session- $90 (30 mins)
Post-test Health Coaching Session- Full- $150 (45 mins)